TechWeek showcases New Zealand’s technology and innovation sectors and is a great opportunity to see ‘what’s new’ out there.
There are a few events which may be of particular interest to resource management practitioners. I saw these topics covered in the events (click link to see details):
- How DOC is using technology to save the kakapo
- Smart cities experience in Christchurch
- How technology is aiding animal conservation
- How NZ tech is leading the way in environmentally aware innovations
- The potential uses of Internet of Things
- Traceability in food production
- Waste disposal and contaminant reduction
There are events in centres all around the country, plus there are quite a few being webcast (in the ‘Locations’ box select ‘National webcast’ to see a list). Many events are FREE, so it makes it super simple to see what is happening in tech. Check out one event!
What is this TechWeek all about? TechWeek’s website states:
The intention behind Techweek is simple. New Zealand’s technology and innovation sectors are growing rapidly, and Techweek fosters that growth by providing the national ecosystem with a week-long opportunity for connection and cross-pollination, using an independent platform to amplify New Zealand’s unique and inspiring innovation stories to the world.
It’s a great way to hear what our tech entrepreneurs in NZ are doing and to challenge our thinking about new solutions to environmental problems.
Let me know if you attend a great event you wish to share.